Join Our Team!Become a Valuable Part of Our Terrific Team
Why Art Explorers/Terrific Scientific?
Our commitment to providing great art, science, engineering, and technology enrichment opportunities for children ages 5-15, can only be met by recruiting the best employees. As a member of our company, you will become a part of the Art Explorers/Terrific Scientific family. Our mission is to create an environment that teaches and nurtures the children under our care. We believe that all children love to learn and that our staff can create a dynamic and engaging learning environment! The bottom line is that our summer camps and after school programs are only as good as our personnel. We are extremely selective and we are always looking for the top talent. Do you have what it takes? If so, take a look at some at our job descriptions below!
After School Instructors 2023/24 year
We provide STEAM after school classes and camps for Kindergarten-6th grade students. Our After School Instructor positions are flexible and can be 6-15 hours per week, M-F afternoons: teaching up to 10 classes per week or just one or two afternoons per week . Schedule is 2:00-4:30pm. Classes are held at various school locations. REQUIRES car, cell phone, computer, and printer.
This position REQUIRES a person who can manage a classroom of 12-14 students and who can teach either visual ARTS or Engineering/Robotics with Lego based materials, coding and digital games. We’re looking for a qualified, experienced professional who enjoys working with children and who values patience, understanding and clear communication. We will train in our Art and Engineering based curriculum, and methodology.
Applicant must have at least one year of college in relevant field, be energetic, enthusiastic and organized.
Must be COVID vaccinated.
- Teach children in afterschool enrichment classes
- Engage with children and communicate with parents about the class.
- Help children solve problems.
- Help children develop their creativity and imagination.
- Provide a loving, caring and well managed classroom.
REVIEW our websites: www.TerrificScientific.org and www.ArtExplorersSantaBarbara.com
Please REPLY to this ad by sending RESUME and COVER LETTER. In your cover letter, state your experience teaching groups of children and time period.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract, Temporary
Salary: $23.00 – $25.00 per hour
STEAM Summer Camp Counselors – CURRENT OPENINGS for 2023 Camps!
Art Explorers/Terrific Scientific offers an extensive array of 8 weeks of full day summer camps for kids Ages 5-15 including: Art & Design, Biology, Chemistry, Archaeology, Engineering, Robotics, Astronomy, Earth Science, Forensics, Medicine, Veterinary Science, Digital Games, Programming, Lego WeDo2, Vex IQ robotics, Movie Making, and Special Effects.
Our summer camps provide an exciting and safe atmosphere for children, while exploring the STEAM world of art, science, engineering and technology. The benchmark of a successful summer camp experience and what a child remembers most about their camp experience is usually their camp counselor. We take the job of teaching and caring for children seriously!
Candidates for any staff position must exhibit the following characteristics:
- Sense of humor with Great Smile
- And above all … an absolute love for children, desire to make sure the camper has an unforgettable camp experience, and a genuine interest in STEAM!
- Position Requirements:
* At least one year of college
* Experience with kids in either camps, classroom teaching or nanny/babysitting
* Willingness to learn new skills
* Quick learner/ Self starter
* Organized AND Flexible
* Team Player with positive and professional attitude
* Reliable transportation and cell phone
- Must be COVID vaccinated.
Other Desirable Skills or Certification:
* Mechanical skills to assembly projects, kits, etc
* Technology skills
* Teacher Certification
Our camps run weekly during the hours of 9:00am-3:30pm, from June 12th – August 4th. We hire full time instructors for a minimum of 4 weeks, preferably all 8 weeks (40 hrs per week). We provide paid training in our curriculum, methodology, and classroom management prior to start of camps. Salary is $725-$1000 per week full time (depending on experience and education).
Please REVIEW the description of our camps on our website before applying: http://TerrificScientific.org.
Click on the SUMMER CAMPS tab at the top of the website and use the dropdown menu to see camps by grade level.
If this sounds like you, then follow our Application Procedures:
1. REVIEW OUR WEBSITE and camp descriptions: http://TerrificScientific.org
2. Submit RESUME and COVER LETTER by replying to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. In your Cover Letter, please answer these questions:
- Describe your teaching experience. Counselors need to be able to manage a group of 12 children daily in each camp.
- What camps are of interest to you to teach?
- What is your availability for the 8 weeks of camp? June 12-August 4
- What are your skills: art, science, coding, digital games, engineering? Give specifics/examples