Join Our Team!Become a Valuable Part of Our Terrific Team
Why Art Explorers/Terrific Scientific?
Our commitment to providing great art, science, engineering, and technology enrichment opportunities for children ages 4-15, can only be met by recruiting the best employees. As a member of our company, you will become a part of the Art Explorers/Terrific Scientific family. Our mission is to create an environment that teaches and nurtures the children under our care. We believe that all children love to learn and that our staff can create a dynamic and engaging learning environment! The bottom line is that our summer camps and school programs are only as good as our personnel. We are extremely selective and we are always looking for the top talent. Do you have what it takes? If so, take a look at some at our job descriptions below!
STEAM Summer Camp Counselors and Director
The benchmark of a successful summer camp experience and what a child remembers most about their camp experience is usually the camp’s staff members. Terrific Scientific’s summer camps provide an exciting and safe atmosphere for children, while exploring the STEAM world of art, science, engineering and technology. All of our camps take the job of teaching and caring for children seriously! Candidates for any staff position must exhibit the following characteristics:
- High work ethic (completing the job with an excellent attitude!)
- And above all … an absolute love for children, desire to make sure the camper has an unforgettable camp experience/memory, and a genuine interest in STEAM!
Camp Counselors – CURRENT OPENINGS for 2019 Camps!
Art Explorers/Terrific Scientific offers an extensive array of 9 weeks of full day summer camps for kids Ages 5-15 including: Biology, Chemistry, Archaeology, Engineering, Robotics, Cooking, Art, Astronomy, Earth Science, Forensics, Medicine, Veterinary Science, Digital Games, Programming, Lego EV3/Mindstorms, Movie Making, and Special Effects.
* At least one year of college
* Experience with kids in either camps, classroom teaching or nanny/babysitting
* Strong communication skills
* Quick learner/ Self starter
* Sense of Humor with Great Smile
* Organized AND Flexible
* Team Player with Positive Attitude
* Reliable transportation and cell phone
Other Desirable Skills or Certification:
* Mechanical skills to assembly projects, kits, etc
* Technology skills
* Teacher Certification
Our camps run weekly during the hours of 9:00am-3:30pm, from June 10th – August 9th. We hire full time instructors for a minimum of 3 weeks, preferably all 9 weeks (40 hrs per week). We provide paid training in our curriculum, methodology, and classroom management prior to start of camps. Salary is $600-700 per week full time (range depends on experience and education).
Please REVIEW the description of our camps on our website before applying: http://TerrificScientific.org.
If this sounds like you, then follow our Application Procedures:
1. REVIEW OUR WEBSITE and camp descriptions: http://TerrificScientific.org
2. Submit RESUME and COVER LETTER by replying to: email@example.com
In your Cover Letter, describe why you want the job and what skills match our requirements. Your application will not be considered without a cover letter.